HMP Haverigg Construction Academy Bricklaying Tutor/Assessor
Are you an experienced / Qualified Bricklayer or Multi Trade construction worker who is looking for a new challenge?
We have an exciting opportunity for a talented candidate specialising in Bricklaying to join Fusion21’s Reducing Reoffending Construction Academy Training team, based at HMP Haverigg in Cumbria.
If you are an energetic and motivated individual with the ability to influence people and thrive in a changing environment, we want to hear from you!
Salary Range: £28,000 - £32,000 per annum (dependant on skills and qualifications)
Hours: 36 per week Monday to Friday (8am-4:45pm Mon-Thurs & 8am-12pm Fri)
Location: HMP Haverigg – LA18 4NA
Our mission is simple: to help our members make a real impact in the public and social sectors.
Whether that means delivering bottom-line savings on goods and services with our procurement frameworks or supporting the incredible work done in your local communities, we’re here to help our members achieve great outcomes and deliver social value on every project.
We provide fully compliant procurement frameworks for property, construction and the built environment, alongside community regeneration services designed to help tackle some of the biggest challenges facing people across the UK.
Active nationwide, we’re proud to consistently win awards for our achievements in procurement and social value.
- 500+ public sector members operating in the education, blue light, health, and social housing sectors – including local authorities;
Saving members as much as 30% on market prices with our frameworks
- To date we’ve: Saved our members more than £269m with fully compliant procurement frameworks. Generated more than £106 million of community impact; Created more than 7,500 jobs.
About the role:
This role will focus on the design, development and deliverance of NOCN-C skills accredited Level II Diploma qualification training sessions and manage on site project work in Bricklaying to a range of Prisoners as Part of the Fusion21 Reducing Reoffending Training Programme.
Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to use Microsoft Word and Excel is a must. Candidates must have a strong background in the Bricklaying sector of the construction industry with practical experience – it is desirable that the successful candidate holds a Bricklaying qualification NVQ Level 2 or above or equivalent.
Key duties include:
- To support in the development of the Reducing Reoffending Project delivery & training functions.
- To develop, in conjunction with the reducing Reoffending Manager, a training strategy for the Construction Academy Skills Centre to maximise candidates learning progression and future development.
- To evaluate and benchmark all training programmes ensuring continual improvement throughout all training and learning activities.
- To deliver training for learners across a range of vocational areas ensuring that national opportunities are maximised.
Please apply through the following link providing your Cover letter and CV.