The final version of the long awaited Public Contracts Regulations 2015 has been published and will take effect on 26 February 2015.
The new regulations present both new challenges and fresh opportunities for contracting authorities and those who do business with them. Fusion21 has already hosted a pre-publishing seminar for its Members last November and another one is planned for 20th March 2015 in Liverpool where the full features of the new regulations will be discussed and outlined by Mark Robinson of Trowers & Hamlins LLP
- the availability of new procedures including the "Innovation Partnership" and more flexibility around the use of the competitive dialogue and competitive negotiated procedures
- changes to the aggregation rules
- greater opportunities to secure SME engagement
- increased flexibility around changes to existing contracts
- formalised rules around in-house and group structures ("Teckal" and "Hamburg")
- new transparency obligations and 'light touch' regime
- changes to prescribed timescales
- new approaches to award criteria and lifecycle costing
- the requirement for early disclosure of procurement documents
Members of Fusion21 who would like to attend the event in March can email email@example.com for further details.