Project Manager (Compliance)
Make a real impact at Fusion21 and join our expanding Procurement team
At Fusion21 we help people to buy smarter in the public sector and make a difference in communities across the UK. Providing a range of national procurement and community regeneration services to 500+ public sector organisations, we're proud to have delivered more than £197 million savings through the procurement process; created more than 5,200 jobs and generated more than £78 million of community impact.
About the role:
We’re recruiting for an experienced Project Manager to provide OJEU related procurement activities for Fusion21’s busy Compliance business unit.
A team player, the successful candidate will have a proven track record in project management skills delivering projects on time, within budget and to high quality standards.
Key duties include:
- To produce and manage technically excellent specifications including mini- competitions; direct awards; tender reports and efficiency savings reports;
- To support and report to the Category Manager in relation to agreed performance monitoring targets and continuous improvement;
- Managing external relationships with members, suppliers, contractors, consultants and partners to support Fusion21’s business objectives and reputation;
- Understand and maximise value for money on behalf of Fusion21 members; through the use of competitive benchmarking, efficiency statements, cost modelling and value analysis.
Do you work in property compliance? Tired of chasing down the last LGSR/electrical certificate? Fusion21 runs tender processes for compliance contracts and is seeking to strengthen its procurement team with someone with good health safety / safety management system knowledge.
This role would suit a Compliance Manager, Health & Safety Manager, or Compliance Co-ordinator looking to progress in a role that does not have the same level of criticality. As a procurement consultant you will work on a number of projects, having the opportunity to identify issues and shape contracts at the tender stage setting up clients and contractors to succeed and helping to keep homes and buildings safe.
Some of the attributes we are looking for include:
- Good attention to detail;
- Specialist knowledge/qualifications in one or more of: HASWA/asbestos/electrical/fire/gas/legionella/lifts
- Ability to write and review documents e.g. specifications;
- Understand contracts;
- Analyse financial information;
- Intermediate/Advanced MS Excel;
- Good interpersonal skills;
A Project Manager or Associate Project Manager at Fusion21 spends time preparing proposals, selecting suppliers, writing tenders, evaluating bids, and making recommendation. You do not need knowledge of the public contract regulations, although this is desirable. The successful candidate will be expected to complete their CIPS qualifications, for which Fusion21 will provide time and cover all course fees.
We’re recruiting for a confident and highly motivated individual with the ability to plan construction and facilities management projects from inception to completion.
If you have experience in the construction, engineering or property sector; have a customer-focused approach and can support colleagues when required, we want to hear from you.
Closing date: 12noon Monday 27th September 2021
Assessments and interviews will be held week commencing 11th October 2021
For further discussion, please contact Charlotte Simister, HR Hiring Lead at Fusion21, Tel: 0151 347 8392.
Fusion21 offers a generous employee benefits package which includes: working for an Investors in People Gold organisation, company pension scheme, cash healthcare plan, kiddi vouchers, cycle to work scheme and access to Perkbox.