Associate Project Manager (Compliance)
Make a real impact at Fusion21 and join our expanding Procurement team
At Fusion21 we help people to buy smarter in the public sector and make a difference in communities across the UK. Providing a range of national procurement and community regeneration services to 500+ public sector organisations, we're proud to have delivered more than £197 million savings through the procurement process; created more than 5,200 jobs and generated more than £78 million of community impact.
Associate Project Managers work in tandem with Framework Managers and Project Managers to undertake project management duties that support Fusion21 Procurement projects. Under the guidance of the Framework Manager, Associate Project Managers are responsible for:-
- Project Management Activity: Management of day to day project activities.
- Project Documentation and Tender Management: Drafting of key project documentation, such as tender documentation, contracts and project reports.
- Financial and Performance Management: track project information including contract values and invoicing, monitor and act on Key Performance Indicator (KPI) performance.
Would you like a role where you are not constantly reacting? Fusion21 runs tender processes for FM contracts in the public sector and is seeking to strengthen its procurement team with someone with operational FM experience.
This role would suit a Facilities Manager, Operations Manager, Regional Manager, Bid Manager, or Mobilisations Manager looking to move on from a hectic day-to-day FM environment. That’s not to say you won’t be busy. As a procurement consultant you will work on a number of projects, having the opportunity to identify issues and shape contracts at the tender stage setting up clients and service providers to succeed.
Some of the attributes we are looking for include:
- Good attention to detail;
- Ability to write and review documents e.g. specifications;
- Understand contracts and payment mechanisms;
- Analyse financial information with a knowledge of FM P&L;
- Intermediate/Advanced MS Excel;
- Good interpersonal skills;
A Project Manager or Associate Project Manager at Fusion21 spends time preparing proposals, selecting suppliers, writing tenders, evaluating bids, and making recommendation. You do not need knowledge of the public contract regulations, although this is desirable. The successful candidate will be expected to complete their CIPS qualifications, for which Fusion21 will provide time and cover all course fees.
Activities and Accountabilities
This is not a comprehensive list of all the tasks that may be required of the post holder. It is illustrative of the general nature and level of responsibility of the work to be undertaken and is subject to regular review. The post holder is also expected to carry out other duties which are broadly consistent with the role as identified below.
To support the Project Managers and Framework Managers in the delivery of projects.
To provide support for engagement with supply chain, Core Groups, Product Groups and Social value activity that contribute to maximizing "added value" and members satisfaction monitored via KPIs.
Attend contractual meetings providing reports to support the agenda as required.
Act as a liaison between Members, the supply chain and Fusion21 staff as and when required.
Project Documentation and Tender Management
- Liaising with Members to establish requirement for Mini Competition.
- Compiling tender documents and publishing through Delta.
- Evaluating bids in line with framework guidelines.
- Producing tender reports for Framework Manager / Member board approval of procurement exercise.
- Producing professional Deed of Appointments for consultancy works for Framework Manager sign off.
- Assisting Project Managers in the drafting of JCT measured term contracts.
Finance and Performance Management
- Act as the key liaison with the Finance Team and Framework Manager to ensure all budgets, forecasting and invoicing information are accurate.
- Ensure that information relating to project activity is maintained in accordance with all quality and information system standards and processes.
- To produce monthly valuations and performance status updates for projects.
- Produce Value For Money (VFM) reports for Members to justify DCO for approval by the Framework Manager.
- To support the Fusion21 growth strategy, specifically in relation to supporting existing members (GS1) and working with colleagues to attract new members to Fusion21 (GS2) as and when required.
- To work with other teams and colleagues to cross sell Fusion21 products and services to existing and new Members.
- To attend meetings and events to support Member activity, promote Fusion21 products and services, or to raise general awareness of Fusion21.
- To be able to describe clearly and confidently the features and benefits of Fusion21 products and services.
- To operate in a professional and safe manner at all time in line with statutory duty and the policies and procedures of Fusion21.
- To undertake any other such duties that may be required by the line manager from time to time.
Closing date: 12noon Monday 27th September 2021
Assessments and interviews will be held week commencing 11th October 2021
For further discussion, please contact Charlotte Simister, HR Hiring Lead at Fusion21, Tel: 0151 347 8392.
Fusion21 offers a generous employee benefits package which includes: working for an Investors in People Gold organisation, company pension scheme, cash healthcare plan, kiddi vouchers, cycle to work scheme and access to Perkbox.